ronanvideos.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Is your e-mail address in your profile up to date? Please check! We promise we will never send you spam.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Ronan to duet with Kate Ceberano?  (Read 3462 times)

karenanna

• Lovin' Each Day
Ronan to duet with Kate Ceberano?
« on: August 21, 2009, 09:55:00 AM »

Is Ronan about to do a special Christmas duet with Australian singer Kate Ceberano?

I found this interesting article:

Thanks to auspOp reader Mark for tipping us off on this one, but lovely Aussie chanteuse Kate Ceberano (looking stunning in this new shot, left) is poised to release a Christmas album at the end of the year. Slated for a November release, the album 'Merry Christmas' will feature 'classics with a twist that only Kate could deliver'. The tracklist includes White Christmas, Feliz Navidad, Jingle Bell Rock and I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus, along with a very special duet with Boyzone frontman Ronan Keating. More details on the release as they come to hand.

http://auspop.blogspot.com/2009/08/kates-christmas.html

I have not heard of her before, but she has a beautiful voice.

http://www.kateceberano.com/

janina

• Administrator
  • Addicted
  • Favourite Ronan album: Fires
    • http://ronankeatingnews.com
Re: Ronan to duet with Kate Ceberano?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 10:03:39 AM »

Not heard of her either, but I am sure that would be really nice. Thanks for the update.
There was a dream that we both used to share
And we swore we would never wake
Now the dream's a nightmare,
and the truth to be fair
Is that dreaming was the first mistake.

JustJo

• Just Getting Started
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 01:31:34 PM »

Oh no, I can't stand her!  :evil:

karenanna

• Lovin' Each Day
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 09:06:28 AM »

More news of the duet:

Kate Ceberano and Ronan Keating Record A Christmas Duet
by Paul Cashmere - September 23 2009
photo by Damien Loverso

Kate Ceberano and Ronan Keating plan on providing you a merry little Christmas song this year.

Ronan has written the new song ‘It’s Only Christmas’ and recorded the song with Kate for her upcoming album ‘Merry Christmas’.

Kate will release the ‘Merry Christmas’ album in November.

Tracks recorded for the album include ‘Santa Baby’, ‘White Christmas’, ‘Feliz Navidad’, ‘I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus’, ‘Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas’ and ‘Jingle Bell Rock’.

‘Merry Christmas’ will be Kate’s first Christmas album. It will be her second album this year following on from the jazz album ‘Bittersweet’ with trumpet player Mark Isham.

For a little vintage Christmas cheer, check out this classic old clip of Australian Band Aid performing ‘Do They Know Its Christmas’.

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.asp ... stmas_Duet

karenanna

• Lovin' Each Day
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 12:02:08 AM »

For any Australian's reading this, Ronan is going to OZ to help promote the duet and his own new album sometime in November.

The cover has been revealed on the brand new Kate Ceberano Christmas album 'Merry Christmas'. The album features Kate's take on a number of Christmas favourites, including 'Feliz Navidad', 'Santa Baby', 'White Christmas' and 'Jingle Bell Rock'. The album, instores on November 13, will also feature a duet with Boyzone frontman Ronan Keating, who'll apparently be visiting the country to help promote both this project and his own new album 'Homeward', released the week prior.
http://auspop.blogspot.com/2009/09/kate ... cover.html

karenanna

• Lovin' Each Day
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 01:23:06 PM »

New Duet? For Its Only Christmas

Just found out that the of the singer Hayley Westenra has dueted with Ronan on this song and it will feature on her own album. She sounds a little like Katherine Jenkins  So I wonder if our UK version of the album will  feature Hayley, I guess we will soon find out

http://www.hayleywestenra.com/

janina

• Administrator
  • Addicted
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 09:30:38 AM »

Not really heard of her but I guess that's good news as even more people will get to hear the song. :) They should try and do a few TV performances next month.
and the truth to be fair

FUNKY

• Addicted
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 10:29:00 AM »

Ceberano to team up with Ronan Keating

By Katherine Field From: AAP

December 09, 2009

KATE Ceberano is looking forward to creating new music in 2010 with the help of Irish music sensation Ronan Keating.
After more than 20 years in the music business and 20 albums, Ceberano, 43, is far from slowing down.

Next year, she will travel to the UK to work on original music with Europe-based Aussies including Alex Lloyd, as well as Keating.

"I love that bloke, he's such a good guy," Ceberano told AAP.

"I'm looking forward to going to Ireland because I've never been to Ireland. I'm really looking forward to hanging out with him and getting to understand the culture over there.

"He's a really good songwriter, and he's massive over there."

Ceberano and Keating realised they had a rapport dueting on the song It's Only Christmas for her first Christmas album Merry Christmas.

"The most perfect part about it is that I think our voices really suit each other," Ceberano said.

Merry Christmas has already reached gold status, and Ceberano said it had given her a lot of confidence.

"That's the first gold album I've had in a long time, so I'm thrilled about that," she said.

Ceberano, one of Australia's most prominent Scientologists, said she loved the festive season and wanted to create a broad-based Christmas album for all people.

She added it was dedicated to her five-year-old daughter Gypsy.

"We're multicultural, multi-religious, multi-demographic ... right now it's about the broader sense of Christmas and songs my daughter can sing along too," Ceberano said.

"When you have a kid in the house, it suddenly brings Christmas back to you again."

The album features songs such as Jingle Bells, White Christmas, I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus and Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas.

Ceberano said she was excited about next year, and with her daughter getting older it allowed her to concentrate on her music career.

"I just love the fact I'm allowed to have a life in song and a life in music, and I love the lifestyle that comes with it," she said.

"I'm excited about 2010."

janina

• Administrator
  • Addicted
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 10:46:54 AM »

Wait. Scientology. Christmas.

What was Christmas about again?!
and the truth to be fair

Rose

• Lovin' Each Day
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2009, 10:57:33 AM »

Good for her, she'll go to Ireland and will hang out with no less Ronan Keating. It's all I want at the moment. To be honest is all I want since I knew Ronan.  :wink:
Erin Go Bragh

FUNKY

• Addicted
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 11:07:31 AM »

You duet with Ronan Keating on the album?

‘It’s Only Christmas’ is the track. It’s a very melancholic and beautiful song. You know how he’s the voice of Notting Hill? I feel a bit like Bridget Jones around him, I’ve got a bit of a crush. His voice is stunning and when he was here we did a couple of morning shows and it’s just so good to sing with him. He’s stunning.

http://sxnews.e-p.net.au/feature/merry- ... -6623.html

Antje

• Lovin' Each Day

Cathy

• On My Way
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2009, 03:55:48 PM »

Thanks for the link, that sounds great (and he looks stunning  :love: )! Does anybody know when it was recorded? Probably the week he was in Australia?

janina

• Administrator
  • Addicted
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2009, 10:37:22 PM »

Got to say I don't like her voice much, but he is amazing, thanks for posting that link.

Yeah this must have been recorded when he was there in November.
and the truth to be fair

Rose

• Lovin' Each Day
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2009, 11:35:14 PM »

I think their voices don't suit at all, but I loved Ronan's performance. He always sings with his heart.
Erin Go Bragh
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up