ronanvideos.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Is your e-mail address in your profile up to date? Please check! We promise we will never send you spam.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Ronan Keating concert in Switzerland at SKYDANCE May 2010  (Read 6383 times)

FUNKY

• Addicted
Re: Ronan Keating concert in Switzerland at SKYDANCE May 2010
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2010, 12:51:54 PM »

gilmoregirl83

• Just Getting Started
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2010, 12:58:33 PM »

oh boy, he really looks drained and very tense...that must have been really hard to step out there and perform... thanks for posting, I'm worried about him  :( !

Christine

• Lovin' Each Day
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2010, 03:05:15 PM »

Thanks for the pics Funky. He does look really "down."  I dont know how he managed to peform.
I keep falling in love with you All Over Again

janina

• Administrator
  • Addicted
  • Favourite Ronan album: Fires
    • http://ronankeatingnews.com
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2010, 05:07:12 PM »

Just copying my review in here from the other topic where I posted it...

[...]
He would have pulled out of the Swiss gigs if he'd been able to, but I am so glad he came over. To be in his current situation and then step on stage in front of an arena full of people does take some courage. He couldn't know whether people would boo him or cheer for him...although I have to say the press over here generally are far less nasty than the British press.
He did extremely well on stage - he even smiled a couple of times. I think he can go off into his own little world during a performance and that's how he got through the shows, but we can't imagine how hard it must have been for him. He avoided eye contact with the audience, and seemed to have his eyes closed during the ballads more than usual. I thought he looked like he was about to cry a few times but he pulled himself together so well. He was great, and sounded amazing, and I don't think many people there were massive fans, most had come to see the dancing, but he certainly impressed everyone. He performed LED, ITNC, WYSNAA, POY (yawn....but I'm not moaning about that right now), and Rollercoaster. On Friday night, he was wearing his tour outfit; at the other three shows he had dark trousers on and a crinkled leather shirt, or it may have been synthetic but looked like leather.
The audience was brilliant at all four shows - it was another one of those seated events where the crowds don't go completely mad, but I thought they were good and gave him plenty of applause. Someone had made a massive banner saying "RONAN You're the best", which was up for all of Saturday and Sunday and which I thought was great.
On Sunday night, after the long note at the end of WYSNAA, the applause just wouldn't stop....and then suddenly the whole of the arena got up on their feet and gave him standing ovations. I am sure he was close to tears, he put his head down on his mic stand and then said, "You don't know how much I appreciate this". The circumstances may have been really sad, but it was an amazing moment and I am proud to have been part of that audience and made him feel a little better. It was just what he needed.
There was a dream that we both used to share
And we swore we would never wake
Now the dream's a nightmare,
and the truth to be fair
Is that dreaming was the first mistake.

Cherub

• Lost For Words
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2010, 10:36:13 AM »

Years ago I started to follow Ronan's career and of course his music. There weren't many possibilities for me to see him live here in Switzerland. I saw him 4 years ago in Luzern. The concert was amazing though there weren't many people around! He was always laughing, chatting, flirting, cheeky and just like a shining star! Soon after that, it was anounced that he is on Art on Ice. For me clear, I'll be there. The show was so great too! Since then, as far as I know he never was in Switzerland again until last week. I bought his records, the boyz album and so on. I was devestated to hear about Steo's death and feeling with them. Half a year ago I then saw in the newspaper that he's in Skydance, of course I bought ticket. Then I heard about the seperation of his wife and all the rumors. Yeah, of course, I know he might have done something wrong, but that doesn't change my opinion about his music. What happened is in his personal life and none of my stuff…
I was happy to have him in Zurich – of course! But I was shocked too. He wasn't the same I saw some years ago. He still is one of the greatest singers I ever heard of, but you could see how much he suffers. I was so happy to be part of the crowd on Sunday night. I thought the audience was really, really great! It wasn't a Ronan Concert, he "just" was part of a two hours show. I'm pretty sure, some people didn't even know a song of Ronan. The Standing Ovations were great and I hope, that it gave him force to go through anything he needs to go during the next few weeks! On my way back home in the train, i heard some people talking about Skydance. Everyone agreed, Ronan was the best act on Skydance. And also everyone I talked to later on this topic had the same impression. They never had been Ronan or Boyzone fans, but they were so impressed about his show (btw nearly no one knew what "happened" to him last week)…

I'm happy if he's hopefully coming to Switzerland with the Boyz early next year, 'till then I just have to say, I'm with you, Ro!

janina

• Administrator
  • Addicted
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2010, 12:18:51 PM »

Thank you for your post. I am very glad to hear that other people thought he was good too. Sunday was fantastic wasn't it. I agree many people probably had no idea about what was going on in his life, it's not a big big deal outside the UK.

Thank you for joining our forums - enjoy your time here.
and the truth to be fair

FUNKY

• Addicted
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2010, 12:37:31 PM »

gilmoregirl83

• Just Getting Started
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2010, 03:30:21 PM »

i just found this on youtube, not sure but I think this is a video from the event in Zurich, maybe anyone who's been there can clarify that?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBMw5E0MGXY

take5

• Lovin' Each Day
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2010, 03:39:40 PM »

Quote from: "gilmoregirl83"
i just found this on youtube, not sure but I think this is a video from the event in Zurich, maybe anyone who's been there can clarify that?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBMw5E0MGXY

I wasn't there but it has to be from that event, the user that uploaded this has also uploaded another video from skydance(that one didn't include ronan)

Cherub

• Lost For Words
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2010, 03:52:32 PM »

It definitely is from Skydance last weekend!

janina

• Administrator
  • Addicted
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2010, 12:38:51 PM »

That's a lovely little clip.

They filmed one of the shows - Sunday afternoon I think - and apparently at some point it will be on TV...we will just need to find someone to record it for us.
Zu einem späteren Zeitpunkt strahlt SF zwei in der Sendung «Musicnight» die Veranstaltung aus.
http://www.sendungen.sf.tv/sf-musicnigh ... Uebersicht
and the truth to be fair

FUNKY

• Addicted
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2010, 12:41:15 PM »

thnx so much hun

take5

• Lovin' Each Day
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2010, 12:42:03 PM »

I think it will be on this programme but I can't understand many of the things that are being said here

http://www.tvprogramm.sf.tv/details/baa ... 793292186e

so I just post the link for someone who can understand the details, when it will be shown etc.

They say something about it here as well

http://www.sf.tv/unternehmen/einzel.php ... th=akt/ver

Cherub

• Lost For Words
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2010, 01:51:17 PM »

If I don't miss the show, I will try to record it...

janina

• Administrator
  • Addicted
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2010, 01:52:25 PM »

Yes please :D We will all have to keep an eye on the schedule.
and the truth to be fair
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up