ronanvideos.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Videos available to all registered members! Please sign up or log in :)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: hello everyone :-)!  (Read 6257 times)

gilmoregirl83

• Just Getting Started
hello everyone :-)!
« on: April 13, 2010, 03:14:17 PM »

Hi guys,
my name is julia, I am 27 years old and, like all of you, a huge fan of ronan.  :)
I am looking forward to spending lots of great times around here, getting to know all of you and discussing our favourite man  :) .
julia xx

Diane

• Lovin' Each Day
Re: hello everyone :-)!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 07:08:33 PM »

Welcome Julia and enjoy your stay :)

♥ You might be gone, but you\'ll never ever be forgotten 1976 - 2009 ♥

janina

• Administrator
  • Addicted
  • Favourite Ronan album: Fires
    • http://ronankeatingnews.com
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 07:17:34 PM »

Welcome! We look forward to getting to know you!
There was a dream that we both used to share
And we swore we would never wake
Now the dream's a nightmare,
and the truth to be fair
Is that dreaming was the first mistake.

cindy

• Lovin' Each Day
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 07:53:26 PM »

Welcome Julia to the forum!
Home is where the craic is

Cathy

• On My Way
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 09:58:42 PM »

Welcome from me, too! Have fun here!  :D

gilmoregirl83

• Just Getting Started
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 11:20:16 PM »

Hi guys, thanks for all the kind words and the warm welcome here  :D !
It seems like a really nice place to hang out.
So I'm a bit corious, are the majority of you guys more "solo-ronan-fans" or also boyzone fans?
Have you all been following Ro from the start, or have you just recently discoverd him?
I for one haven't been a fan of boyzone first time round or Ronan in his early years but happend to discover his incredible voice and talent when I ramdomly heard some of his tracks from the SFMM album and I was sooo stunned by his very rich and beautiful voice and his amazing vocals that I'm hooked ever since.  :D I also love the Winter songs album and the new Boyzone record, I think they all show off his so very strong and beautiful voice, and his talent to sing all kinds of different songs.
julia xx

janina

• Administrator
  • Addicted
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 09:27:17 AM »

Cool :D I always find it really interesting to here from 'new' fans. I have liked him for 14 years - which is half of my life - but these days I only like him on his own (which is a sentiment I think you will find most of our regular forum posters share - not all, but most). He does have the most amazing voice. There's a few other singers who I think are awesome, but no one's quite like Ronan.

I assume you have caught up on all his older albums? If you'd like some tips on what older b-sides/rare tracks there are that you can still get hold of, we'll be happy to help.

Did you go to see him on tour last month?? Whereabouts do you live? I am near Heidelberg.
and the truth to be fair

gilmoregirl83

• Just Getting Started
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 04:56:17 PM »

hi  :D
first to answer your questions, I am from austria, and live near vienna.
when boyzone first became famous, I wasn't at all into boybands. (must admit I have been a fan of New kids on the block when I was a kid though  :oops:  :oops: - so when boyzone came around I kinda had my share of boybands already) . In austria they never did get so much recognition so I missed it when they split, and eventually heard Ronans solo tracks on the radio. I really liked "when you say nothing at all" and thought his other hits were okay. In austria they only played WYSNAA, LIAR, LED and ITNC on the radio. the last track I remember from him was "iris". After that I never heard any new material from him on the radio again. I must admit I didn't even know that he was still out there making music until I heard "Suspicious minds" on a small radio station late at night, and since its my favourite Elvis song of all times, and think he did a great version of it, I needed to find out who it was that sang it so well. I was stunned when I found out it was Ronan. So I got his SFMM album, and fell in love with his amazing voice.
I did go to his spring tour, i was at all his 3 shows at the Royal albert hall, and had the greatest time there. He his one of the most amazing live performers I have ever seen, if not the greatest! must say ever since I've heard his old hits like rollercoaster live in concert I have really fallen for those too, I think his voice has gotten so much better and his vocals are by far better than when he first recorded them. he seems to be getting better every year.  :D
When I was in London, I actually did buy some of his older records to do some catching up  and the new Boyzone record. I would love to hear all your tips for older stuff and b sides.
julia xx

angelro

• Lovin' Each Day
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 04:07:57 PM »

welcome julia, have fun here! :)

janina

• Administrator
  • Addicted
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 09:00:49 PM »

Vienna, that's excellent. I have a good friend there who likes Ronan too. I actually met her through him.

I was never into boybands myself, there was this one exception because I fell in love with Ronan's voice but I've grown out of that too (the boyband not his voice, that is!). When I was little I thought NKOTB were really scary :lol:
I'm not much into Elvis either but I love Ronan's version of the song and the track really suits his voice. And yes he certainly gets better with age :D

I'm glad you registered - you will fit in perfectly well here :)
and the truth to be fair

gilmoregirl83

• Just Getting Started
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 07:02:24 PM »

Well first of all thank you for your kind words, I'm glad I came across this site, and glad I registred, I already love it here.  :D
 :haha: for you saying you were scared of the NKOTB  :haha: Looking back, I practicly didn't have a choice but liking them, cause my two older sisters were totally into them, so their music was played 24/7 at our house. But doesn't every girl have some kind of boyband chrush at one point in her life?  :oops:
About suspicious minds, I agree, the track really suits his voice, it a great version he did. I love his latest two albums because of his amazing voice, the great vocals he put on, eventhough they both are heavy on cover versions. I think he did very well with his covers, but would really love to hear him sing more original songs.
My perfect dream would be a Ronan solo record, with self-penned songs ( I think he is a great writer and very underestimated in that ability), singing all kinds of songs, that really show off his very rich matured and amazing voice.
Would also be cool, if he wrote some original tracks for boyzone's next album since he's very comitted to the band at the moment.
Must admit, I love the new boyzone album, think it's amazing.
Enough rambling for now.... :D
@ angelro: thanks for the nice welcome!  :D
julia xx

janina

• Administrator
  • Addicted
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2010, 08:32:23 PM »

I can't really comment, I haven't bought their album and I'm not going to buy it. It might be good - I just don't want to support them.

But I think we'll be getting a new Ronan album some time next year, at least that's what he said last month, and that he's "always writing stuff". He is way underrated as a songwriter. He may not be quite as sophisticated as some other writers that I like, but he is very good. I am a bit tired of all the covers, but I'm not that fussy anymore these days - anything that's just him will make me happy. Do you have the 'Turn It On' album? That's a bit of a fan favourite and it's mostly his own songs.

I meant to say, I am glad to hear you liked his gigs. I obviously think he's great but I guess I'm totally biased! But it makes me feel a little proud when someone goes to see him for the first time and says he's good. :)
and the truth to be fair

gilmoregirl83

• Just Getting Started
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2010, 09:59:11 PM »

hi :)
first of all, about his gigs: I did not only think he was good, thought he was great-amazing-wonderful! Before I decided to go to one of his gigs, I cross-searched youtube and came across some really stunning live performances, and thought to myself that he is sounding even better live than on his albums, that I already loved. So I knew I had to go and see him. I made quite an effort, and spend a week in London to see all 3 gigs, and dragged along my best friend, who is a man (!), and who was open minded about the albums that I gave him to listen to. He really liked the albums, and actuallyin the end it was his idea to go and see him live in London. He agrees with me and thinks he is an amazing singer and live performer.
Abou the "Turn it on" album, I don't have it yet. In London I went into HMV and bought all albums they had there from Ro which were the "Ronan" album, the "10 years of hits" , the "Brother" album and a few dvds. I have listend to some tracks of the "Turn it on" album on youtube, and will sure buy it when I get a chance to.
If you don't mind me asking, I'm a little curious where your resentment towards boyzone comes from? Why do you "just don't want to support them"? I mean after all Ronan is a huge part of the band, if not to say the heart and soul of it. Please don't take offense in my question, everyone has a right to be entiteld to his own opinon, I'm really just curious.
julia xx

janina

• Administrator
  • Addicted
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2010, 11:37:46 PM »

Yeah no I don't mind you asking at all. I just hate the boyband image, the PR, all the cheap gimmicks to try and get media attention (now some people might say 'oh but they're not doing that at all' but they obviously are as that's what the whole business is about)... What bothers me most is that fact that - in my eyes - he is the only one who's a good singer and good songwriter so I don't see why I should give my money to the others for just standing behind him trying to look pretty (without success, I'm tempted to add! LOL). I'm not going to buy a CD off someone who I think can't even sing. I just find the whole image completely embarrassing. I'm sure I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it all if I thought they were all really amazing artists and deserved to do well!
It just doesn't work on me anymore - it used to when I was 15 but I have changed.

Rant over - I made an effort to sound relatively neutral there :roll: :lol:

I went to the gigs in London as well, and a few other places - too bad we didn't know about each other then as we could have said hello! People always say that he sounds even better live than he does on CD and they're probably right. At his gigs in Germany there's usually quite a lot of men in the audience (accompanying their wives/girlfriends, but still! lol) and they always look like they enjoy it, which is great. Some know the words to every song.

You are going to love 'Turn It On'. Not sure if you got his first live DVD but it was filmed at the Albert Hall as well, guess that makes it even more interesting when you've been to the place yourself. It's been years since I last watched that one.
and the truth to be fair

gilmoregirl83

• Just Getting Started
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2010, 01:15:40 AM »

hi  :) thanks for the explanation. I do get your point. I'm not into the whole boyband thing either, and I agree the typical boyband image is embarassing. I however think that their latest album is very far from what they used to do, and I think the sound is grown up and mature. I really like the record they've made. I agree that Ronan is the best singer of them all, as for songwriting I don't know if the others write stuff too, or if it's any good, I can't say. I actually do like the vocals the other three have put one the record, and I was quite surprised at how well they sound. To be honest I've never heard any of them sing properly before, cause all they used to do were backing vocals. I do like Mikey's voice, it's featured as main vocals on two of the tracks, which I think sound really good. I also like the bit Shane recorded for one song, and I'd say Keith sounds not so bad himself. However it's clear Ronan is the best singer of them all.
Anyway what I wanted to say is that I've never been a boyzone fan at all back in the day, but I do like the direction they're heading with this album, and I think if they keep going that way, if all of them keep setting their bar higher,  they really have a chance of developing and growing into a real good band.

As for the dvd's I don't have the one from the Royal Albert Hall, I bought one from Wembley I guess it was. I watched bits and pieces so far but wasn't too impressed. I guess that is because I have seen him now live in 2010 and he does really sound so much better today. To be honest, that happens to me all the time when I listen to old stuff Ronan recorded that I actually think to myself, not bad but by far not as impressive as today.
Nice you have been to the RAH shows too, really a pity we didn't know about each other then, but there's alway a next time, right?  :wink:
julia xx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up