ronanvideos.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Videos available to all registered members! Please sign up or log in :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: hello everyone :-)!  (Read 6267 times)

janina

• Administrator
  • Addicted
  • Favourite Ronan album: Fires
    • http://ronankeatingnews.com
Re: hello everyone :-)!
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2010, 10:45:49 PM »

I've only ever watched the Wembley DVD once and I guess I agree with you, they didn't really manage to capture the atmosphere. I was at that show, and I loved that tour, but the DVD doesn't do it justice. I'll have to watch it again at some point just to see what I think now.
He's obviously even better today but anyway I think you'll like his first DVD more. I've not watched that in years either but it is really good.

Yeah I am sure I will see you next tour. Whenever he plays Vienna again I would love to go back there as well, I went in 2002 to see him there and I loved it. Lovely people as well even if they talk funny.  :wink:  :lol:
There was a dream that we both used to share
And we swore we would never wake
Now the dream's a nightmare,
and the truth to be fair
Is that dreaming was the first mistake.

gilmoregirl83

• Just Getting Started
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2010, 09:29:36 AM »

I guess I'll have so keep an eye out for the RAH dvd , I'm curious now. Whenever I see old stuff he did, I just think "god he's sooooo young there". I think he really aged well, I mean I think he was kind of cute when he was younger, but now he's just sooooo hot  :oops: .
I guess he's like a good bottle of wine, that just keeps getting better with age.  :) You were at Wembley? that's cool, sure you had a great time!
Really, he played Vienna??  :shock: I never knew that! What venue did he play? was it the "stadthalle" or outdoor?
Can't believe I never knew that, but back then I didn't take much notice of him  :oops: .
About the "funny talking": we don't talk funny, it's you guys that crack us up with your talking  :lol: !
Isn't it funny how you can speak the same language and yet it is so diffrent  :lol: ?
xx

Cathy

• On My Way
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2010, 10:35:28 PM »

Now that I have my laptop back I can finally join in this discussion, haha!

You definitely have to buy "Turn it on", Julia! It's such a brilliant album, shame that it flopped in the charts... But there's also many self-written songs on "Bring you home", you don't have that either, do you? "Turn it on" is the rockier album, whereas on "Bring you home", there are mostly ballads with lots of strings and so on, but I love that!  :love:

Concerning the DVDs, the one from RAH is my favourite, too. I think it's just because "Destination" is my least favourite album and there are many songs from that one on the Wembley DVD (obviously, as it was the Destination tour, lol). Plus his hair was too short and the outfit... well, I don't think the suit was really fitting for the occasion, it's not a classical concert, isn't it?  :lol:  The only effect was that he was sweating his arse off, lol.... But of course there are many great moments on that DVD too, for example "You needed me", I have goosebumps everytime I watch that....
Such a shame that they didn't film a DVD on the tour this year!!!

And finally the funny talking, lol! OUR language is the real and true German, so who's the one talking funny....  :lol:  :lol:

Cathy

• On My Way
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2010, 10:37:49 PM »

I think it was the Donauinselfest when he performed in Vienna, wasn't it, Janina?
You can find pictures on that wonderful website....  :wink: http://gallery.ronankeatingnews.com/main.php?g2_itemId=2036

gilmoregirl83

• Just Getting Started
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2010, 11:42:42 PM »

hey cathy, nice you joined in on the discussion. thanks for your advices, I guess Ireally have to buy the "Turn it on album" then. You're right, I don't have the "Bring you home" record either, I think I'll have to buy that one too. I really have some catching up to do with his older stuff. I'd like to have the RAH dvd aswell. It really is a shame that his tour this year wasn't filmed, it was soo great!
About Vienna: He really was at the "Donauinselfest", can't believe I never knew that, I have been to that festival a couple of times, but can't even remember I ever heard he was there - shame onme  :oops: .
I'd love it if he ever came to Austria again, I'd definately go and see him now :-) : But I guess the chances of that happening are very few, since there seem to be no fans at all left here.  :( I mean I heard nothing about him here on radio or in the press in the last few years, I didn't even know boyzone had reformed until I discoverd his SFMM album. I am a bit sad about it, cause I think he would deserve to be heard and have some success here as well. But who knows, maybe he will make it happen someday.  :)
About the funny talking: You know what was funny, when I was in london in march, I met a brtish guy and he asked me where I was from, I told him "I'm from austria" then I said something in german to my friend, and the british guy said: "did you just talk austrian?" and I said "no, I speak german" and he looked at me puzzeld and said "why would you do that?"  :haha: really that cracked me up!

Cathy

• On My Way
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2010, 09:32:09 PM »

Haha that's great, can imagine that it was really funny!  :haha:

Yeah, I can only recommend the Bring you home album to you too, there are really really beautiful songs on it with very personal lyrics, such as a song for Yvonne (sooooo romantic!  :love: ) and one for his children... just great!

Wasn't he also in Vienna a few years ago when he collapsed before an appearance somewhere and was in hospital afterwards? I can't really remember, but I think it was there, maybe someone can help? Janina? ^^

janina

• Administrator
  • Addicted
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2010, 11:30:44 PM »

Ah yes he was supposed to appear at this fashion show in 2004 and ended up being unwell :( I remember that because my mate went to the show and then he wasn't there.

But he played the Gasometer in 2002, and again in 2005. Didn't SFMM make the top ten in Austria, I am pretty sure it did. Of course he will be back on a future tour :)
I would love to go back to Vienna, might need to improve my Austrian first though  :lol:

Gosh Julia go ahead and catch up on the older CD's :D I am curious to hear what you think of them, and of his first DVD as well. He does look very young in it but I think it was that year he started to evolve into an amazing artist.
and the truth to be fair

Cathy

• On My Way
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2010, 11:39:43 PM »

Quote from: "lovinronan"
I would love to go back to Vienna, might need to improve my Austrian first though  :lol:

Well we've learnt now that the Austrians also speak German, so there won't be a problem, lol....  :haha:

He does look very young in it but I think it was that year he started to evolve into an amazing artist.

Well said  :)  It's unbelievable how he got better and better and better and still does, wonder how this will end, lol.... sometime it's going to be too much for us to bear!  :lol:

gilmoregirl83

• Just Getting Started
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2010, 02:52:16 PM »

Hey guys, thank you both for your recommendations, I will definatley have to catch up on his old stuff. Guess I'll have to try and buy over the internet though, last saturday I went to my local record store and there wasn't a single ronan cd in sight in the whole store  :evil: ! About the SFMM album, I don't think it made it into the top ten in austria, I have heard nothing about it here back then. I googled it, and on wiki it says it only made it some place around the mid 30s  :( . It is such a shame, because it is a wonderful album, and his vocals are amazing on it. Nobody I knew was a Ronan fan (neither was I until recently )  but everyone that I have played the album to agrees that it is great, and everyone who heard it was stunnend by the beauty of his voice, noone could actually believe it was him singing that ! But don't worry guys, I'm on a mission here: Ever since my whole Ronan madness has started last year, I have been recommending his music to loads of people, and even managed so far to convert 3 of my closest friends into real Ronan fans  :D ! One of them went to the shows in London with me, and the otheres have already agreed to come and see his next shows with me  :D !
It is my sacred duty to get this wonderful artist some well deserved recognition and success over here   :lol: !

Quote from: "Cathy"

Well we've learnt now that the Austrians also speak German, so there won't be a problem, lol....  :haha:

:haha:
we sure do, even if some people state otherwise

janina

• Administrator
  • Addicted
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2010, 03:16:27 PM »

Yeah good on you :D I'm on that mission too, I have given copies of SFMM and WS to some of my friends - I bought so many extra copies I've got to do something with them anyway.

You're right, according to some forum posts from last year he didn't make the top 30 in Austria...which isn't all that bad though considering there was no promo for the album. I am sure he could still make the top ten if he did a couple more TV shows and got some more airplay.

Just in case you decide to buy stuff on amazon...perhaps you would like to use my Partner Store, sorry about the plug, that's part of my mission too...hehe.
and the truth to be fair

gilmoregirl83

• Just Getting Started
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2010, 08:16:47 AM »

I think you're right, with more promotion he could definately make it at least to the top 10, would be nice to see him around here again.
Haven't decided yet wher I will buy his stuff, I am a little busy at the moment with work, but when I have some time off, I'll definately buy some stuff.
I think your idea with the partner store is great, it really is a great way to support him  :D . I'll definately use your store if I and up buying off amazon.
Anyways, I'm courios guys, what are your intrests, hobbies probably addictions besides our lovely man? what do you guys do for living?
I work part time as a waitress while finishing my studies at the university. My biggest addiction besides Ronan is travelling, I love to travel around and get to see diffrent parts of the world, get to know all kinds of people and cultures. I also love dancing, reading and hanging out with my friends.  :)
Would be nice to get to know you all alittle bit better  :)
julia xx

janina

• Administrator
  • Addicted
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2010, 10:34:54 AM »

What do you study and when do you finish? I work in software development, HR software. We have an old topic about people's jobs here, it hasn't been used in two years, not sure what has changed since then! I'm still in the same job as I was back then.

I for one don't have any really exciting hobbies, travelling to see Ronan is probably the most 'extravagant' one... Books, mainly. Plants, writing to people (I actually still love snail mail as well), the internet and my websites, jigsaws. I enjoy taking photos but I wouldn't say I'm interested in photography as such. I'm into organic clothes and organic food. My ambition at the moment is to learn about native birds, just for the sake of general knowledge.
and the truth to be fair

Cathy

• On My Way
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2010, 12:04:57 AM »

I'm studying church music, but it's only my 2nd semester at the moment so there's a long way to go! ^^
Well my biggest interest is music of course, pop/rock (I prefer listeing to) and classical music (I prefer playing myself), but I really like reading and writing too (even though I'm not doing much of it at the moment). Like Janina, I am a fan of snail mail and I still have my two penpals from ages ago, lol! I spend a lot of time (too much sometimes, ahem) on the internet chatting to people I know from the message boards, oh and my favourite TV series is "In aller Freundschaft", don't know if you know that in Austria?

gilmoregirl83

• Just Getting Started
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2010, 03:38:25 PM »

Hey guys :)
I study "germanistik" and  political science at the universtity in vienna. I am almost done with my studies, working on my thesis for graduation at the moment, which is loads of work, and I'm reallly tired of it all sometimes.
Question for you both: what is "snail mail"  :oops: I actually have now clue.
@janina: software development sounds interessiting, though I would be completly lost in a job like that, I'm actually happy being able to use my computer but can't imagine doing something like you. and one more question: what is jigsaws? no clue either  :oops:
taking photos is cool, like that too, as you can get very creative with that. organic food and cloths sounds interessting too, can you tell me more about that, I mean like  why your doing it? at last improving general knowledge is always good, I like to do that by studying geography, learning special facts about diffrent countries and cultures.
@cathy: curch music sounds great, what instruments do you play? I always wanted to learn to play an instrument myself, but never came around it so far, but it's definatley something I wanna do someday. I love reading and writing too, not so much at the moment because I have to read and write a lot for my thesis, but hopefully when it's finished I'll return to enjoying both a little more.
Unfortunatly I don't know the tv show you're talking about, what channel is it on?
xx

Cathy

• On My Way
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2010, 11:12:54 PM »

Quote from: "gilmoregirl83"
Hey guys :)
Question for you both: what is "snail mail"  :oops: I actually have now clue.

The good old letters, postcards and stuff...  :wink:

I play the organ, the piano and different kinds of recorders (Blockflöte), but that last one has nothing to do with my studies. It's really cool, but a lot to practise....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up