ronanvideos.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Is your e-mail address in your profile up to date? Please check! We promise we will never send you spam.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: hello everyone :-)!  (Read 6268 times)

janina

• Administrator
  • Addicted
  • Favourite Ronan album: Fires
    • http://ronankeatingnews.com
Re: hello everyone :-)!
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2010, 03:32:27 PM »

I buy organic products because we should be protecting our planet and not destroying it. I don't like to buy things whose production causes damage out there. I'm trying to make my family more aware as well. I'm very much into protection of the environment.

Good luck with your thesis! I remember how glad I was when I'd finished mine, so no doubt you will be too. My job isn't as complicated as it sounds, honestly :) It's probably less technical than people would imagine. What area are you going to work in after your graduation? Teaching?

Snail mail, do you use the term 'Schneckenpost' over there? Jigsaws are what we would call puzzles. I find them very relaxing.

Enjoy your weekend, have you got any plans for it? x
There was a dream that we both used to share
And we swore we would never wake
Now the dream's a nightmare,
and the truth to be fair
Is that dreaming was the first mistake.

gilmoregirl83

• Just Getting Started
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2010, 11:33:54 AM »

Quote from: "Cathy"
I play the organ, the piano and different kinds of recorders (Blockflöte), but that last one has nothing to do with my studies. It's really cool, but a lot to practise....

wow that's cool, that you play so many instruments, I bet that is indeed lots of practising. have you thought about what you wanna work when you've finished your studies? what job options are there for you, would be cool if you'd record your music  :) ?
@janina: I think it's great that you care about protecting the eviroment, and that you raise some awareness of that. Isn't it difficult to find out what stuff you should buy, I mean to get enough information about the products first? do you have special stores wher you go to?
About the thesis, I really can't wait to finish it, but that i sstill a very long way to go for me. It is so much research and reading, spending loads of time in all kind of liberies and archives and reading all day, it's exhausting. I won't be a teacher when I finish, I never wanted to be one, don't think I'm the right person for that. There are various options of jobs for me in publishing, pr-sections, marketing, journalism or researches, haven't made up my mind yet about what I really want to do yet.
I plan on finishing my stuidies this year, then staying a bit longer in the job I already have, earn some more money and then taking some time off for an extended holiday ( a month or so) to make up my mind and decide on what comes next.
About "Schneckenpost"   :haha: never heard that term before, here we go again, I'm really staring to doubt that we indeed speak the same language  :lol: .
My weekend plans are simple: been working yestersday till late and have now saturday and sunday off and am planning on using the time for my studies, though the wheater is so beautiful outside that I 'm really tempted to do something else....
What are you up to for your weekends? Enjoy them too girls  :D
xx

Cathy

• On My Way
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2010, 11:47:09 PM »

I'm @home with my parents this weekend, because it was my godchild's birthday yesterday (the 5th - he's so proud, haha). Going back to Saarbrücken tomorrow, keep your fingers crossed for me, last Sunday I was stuck in Strasbourg for 5 hours (!!!) because of a strike... the French are even worse than the Germans, lol! But in this case, they have a good reason at least...

Yeah well after having finished my studies, I'm gonna be a church musician, which means playing the organ in masses, leading choirs, playing a concert once in a while and so on. I'm not good enough to record my music, though..... unfortunately. ^^ The chances for getting a job (well a good one, there's plenty of small parishes who need a church musician, but you can't live on that) are pretty low, which is why I'm thinking about becoming a teacher to have some security....

About the environmental thing: back at school, I was a "mentor for environmental protection" (in German: Schülermentorin für Natur- und Umweltschutz), I did a special training for that and founded an environmental group at our school with my friend. There wasn't much going on before that, so we did lots of projects with the pupils and it was great fun and really interesting too! I'm not that much into it anymore, but I'm still trying to do the small things like saving electricity, separating garbage and so on, and I'm still strongly against nuclear power!

I forgot to answer your question about my favourite TV series, it's on ARD each Tuesday at 9:05 pm....  :wink:

janina

• Administrator
  • Addicted
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2010, 02:08:14 PM »

We had a rainy weekend here but I like the rain so I was happy. I did a bit of tidying up at home and apart from that I ilke to do as little as possible on weekends.

We have plenty of supermarkets around here that only sell organic food - and they're much nicer than 'normal' ones too, which makes shopping a lot more fun :D I mostly buy my clothes online and look for info on which labels to trust etc. Once you become aware of the damage that pesticides and chemicals do to farmers, factory workers and the environment, you want nothing to do with all that anymore. I don't want women in Africa to have disabled children just so that I can wear a pair of jeans :?
and the truth to be fair

Cathy

• On My Way
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2010, 11:28:45 PM »

I hate the rain (well I don't care if I can stay at home, but normally that's not the case, lol), most of all I hate being soaked and that's what I was when I came home about an hour ago.... grrrrr. I even had water running down my legs inside my trousers, that definitely wasn't comfortable! ^^ Had an umbrella with me, I just wonder what for, haha...
Hopefully it gets better tomorrow!

janina

• Administrator
  • Addicted
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2010, 09:32:14 AM »

Well...Change into dry clothes once you get home - Problem solved.  8) It's just water, it doesn't do any harm :) I love the sound and the smell of rain.
and the truth to be fair

cindy

• Lovin' Each Day
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2010, 08:24:42 AM »

I don't like getting soaked either, but when it happens it is better that you are going home than going somewhere else.
It rains here now too, the (outside) painters can't work today because of that.
Home is where the craic is

gilmoregirl83

• Just Getting Started
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2010, 01:23:49 PM »

I'm in two minds about rain: I do get what you like about it Janina, the sound is nice (espacially when your inside and watching it standing at your opend window  :D ) and the smell of the air is great when it rains and afterwards!
But I don't like being soaked either espacially when I'm not on my way home and can't get my clothes changed soon.
It's nice to do as little as possible on weekends, I enjoy it when I can, but I often have to work on weekends.
Anyways, I have some good news, I finally came around to buy Ronan's old album (Turn it on, Destination and Bring you home) they will be dispatched soon, can't wait form them to arrive, so I can finally do some catching up on his older stuff!  :D Looking really forward to listening to those....
Hope everyone spends a nice weekend
speak to you guys soon,
julia xx

cindy

• Lovin' Each Day
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2010, 09:23:34 PM »

Have a nice weekend to you too Julia!
And I am sure you will enjoy the other Ronan albums too!

Cathy

• On My Way
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2010, 11:52:39 PM »

That's great news Julia, let us know what you think about the albums (well apart from the fact that they are great, haha!)!

cindy

• Lovin' Each Day
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2010, 03:07:04 PM »

They are great indeed, but maybe you can tell us which song you liked the most from the albums.

Have a nice day today everybody. It is mothersday here, have been to see mum already together with my brother & sister-in-law.

gilmoregirl83

• Just Getting Started
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2010, 08:49:11 PM »

Hey guys  :D , really can't wait for my cds to arrive, I might be lucky and they'll even arrive tomorrow, at least some time next week I hope  :) . I think I've got all coverd then have I? I mean I already have the "Winter songs" and the "SFMM" and the "Ronan" album, as far as I know that are all his solo records, correct me if I'm wrong? I got in a little Ronan-shopping-mania, apart from the cds I also orderd the "Back again-No matter what dvd" cause I've never seen that one before, so I'm a little courios, and also Ronan's autobiography "Life is a rollercoaster"- don't know if it's any good, but had a few people recomanding it to me, so I thought I'll give it a try.Anyone of you read it? What's your thoughts on it? And to complete my order I also pre-orderd Stephens book, just courios about that one too.
Can't wait for all the stuff to arrive, I'm a little like a kid before christmas  right now :lol: !
Hope everyone spend a lovely mother's day today, I went to see my mum with my sis, we had some cups of tea, a good homemade cake and a lovely chat.
Apart from that, I really have to concentrate on my thesis this week, cause I have a presantation to make about it on Friday and I'm quite dreading it ...
@janina: I forgot to reply to your previous post: I think it's great what you're doing with that organic food and cloths thing, it's great that you care so much about the enviroment, and raise some awareness. I never really thought of all of that from that point of view, you made me aware of that issues now, it really is something to be cosidered more.
Anyway, I promise to give my personal reviews on all the Ronan stuff when I finally get to it.
Hope you all enjoy what's left of the weekend,
julia xx

Cathy

• On My Way
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2010, 11:38:13 PM »

Ronan's autobiography is definitely worth reading, such a great book! You will be laughing and crying while reading it, it's just a brilliant insight in his life up to 2001!

Sadly I had to spend mother's day without my mum, but I sent her a card and phoned her today. In general I love being on my own here in Saarbrücken and having my own life, but it's those days like today that make me a bit homesick...  :(  But well, I'm lucky that I have the chance to go home quite often!

gilmoregirl83

• Just Getting Started
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2010, 12:38:48 AM »

Quote from: "Cathy"
Ronan's autobiography is definitely worth reading, such a great book! You will be laughing and crying while reading it, it's just a brilliant insight in his life up to 2001!

Sadly I had to spend mother's day without my mum, but I sent her a card and phoned her today. In general I love being on my own here in Saarbrücken and having my own life, but it's those days like today that make me a bit homesick...  :(  But well, I'm lucky that I have the chance to go home quite often!
sorry cathy to hear that you couldn't spend mothers day with your mum, hope the homesickness is not too bad?
now after your comment about the autobiography I really can't wait to get my hands on it now  :D

cindy

• Lovin' Each Day
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2010, 07:56:09 PM »

The book is a good read, I loved it!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up