ronanvideos.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Is your e-mail address in your profile up to date? Please check! We promise we will never send you spam.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: hello everyone :-)!  (Read 6258 times)

janina

• Administrator
  • Addicted
  • Favourite Ronan album: Fires
    • http://ronankeatingnews.com
Re: hello everyone :-)!
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2010, 08:51:53 PM »

Sorry girls can't write much at the moment, really busy week...
Julia I am curious to hear how you like all the albums. We probably don't have topics on Ronan, Destination and TIO over in the music forum, but please go ahead and create new ones if you'd like to share your views. This forum was only set up in 2006 but of course it would be interesting to get people talking about previous releases again :)
I really enjoyed the Rollercoaster book when I read it ten years ago but I haven't read it again since. Perhaps I'd find it really cheesy today, perhaps I'd still love it, I don't know - I'd say it's definitely worth getting though.

I'll write more when I can x
There was a dream that we both used to share
And we swore we would never wake
Now the dream's a nightmare,
and the truth to be fair
Is that dreaming was the first mistake.

cindy

• Lovin' Each Day
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2010, 08:30:13 AM »

Hope it is a nice busy week for you Janina.

I am working from home today, because of the painters, but probably they can't do much today, because of the rain.  :?

I never read the book again either. But I did love it back than. Mmmm, maybe a good idea to read it again. Another good idea, why doesn't he write another one?
Home is where the craic is

Cathy

• On My Way
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2010, 11:44:02 PM »

Quote from: "cindy"
 Another good idea, why doesn't he write another one?

I'd rather have a new solo album at the moment, lol.... and I mean a real one, not just cover versions.

Julia, as soon as you have download access on here, you should watch the interview about "Bring you home", in which Ronan is driving around Dublin showing some of the important places in his life... that's really nice to watch and you get to know a lot about why he wrote the different songs etc!

cindy

• Lovin' Each Day
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2010, 11:07:05 AM »

I agree with you first a new album (without covers) and when he has time another book.  :wink:
Home is where the craic is

gilmoregirl83

• Just Getting Started
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2010, 07:02:27 PM »

Hey girls, sorry that I've been out of touch the last couple of days, I had a really busy week. This week all my Ronan cd's came, and I've started to listen through them. But it will definately take a little more time to make up my mind about the albums, I only listend to each of them once so far, didn't have to much time on my hand. So far I favour "Bring you  home" and "Turn in on" over the "Destination" album, but I will definately report back, when I listend to all of them a couple of times. The only thing so far I can say that it really struck me how different his voice sounds compared to today. It really showes how much he has trained his voice.
My book has not arrived yet, hope it will come soon.
Hope everyone had a nice weekend, I had a busy but lovely time, I celebrated the birthday of a very close friend, and yesterday I went salsa dancing with my sister and some friends. It was great, we danced the night away, but today I'm knackerd....
Speak to you soon girls, xx

Cathy

• On My Way
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2010, 10:54:16 PM »

Woke up with a sore throat this morning and by now my voice is literally gone...  :(  Hope that it's better tomorrow, really can't get ill, I've got a busy weekend in front of me (sadly not in Z├╝rich, lol!)...

Had 3 really nice days at the end of last week when my mum, grandma and 3 aunts were here in town. They slept in a hotel and had 3 double rooms, even though they were only 5 persons, but it was the same price for a double room plus breakfast and a single room plus breakfast, so they booked the double and I could come and have breakfast with them for free, lol! That was great... On Friday, I had an hour left afterwards until I had to go to uni, so I went to have a shower in "my" room... that was so funny, I felt like a celebrity, having a hotel room only to take a shower, lol....  :lol:  :lol: Well I could have slept there, but I preferred my own bed. ^^

Julia, I guess you have download access now? So this i the interview I talked about earlier: http://www.ronanvideos.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1258

gilmoregirl83

• Just Getting Started
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2010, 10:29:42 AM »

hey cathy, nice to read about your lovely weekend. I bet you've felt like a star with your hotelroom for a shower, sounds posh  :lol: . Thank you for the link to the interview we've been talking about. I really enjoyed watching it. It was a special interview, and really nice to see all the places that meant something to him. It was nice for me because some of the places he showed I recogcnized since I've been to Dublin ten years ago. Brought back some nice memories for me too.  :)
Finally all my ronan stuff has arrived. I've started reading his book, and I'm almost 2/3 through it, and must agree it's fun to read, even if I do feel a bit too old reading a book like that now, so I don't take it too seriously and it's a good laugh to read it at some points. For the cd's I really enjoy them, haven't decided what to think of the records overall, but so far my favourites are the "Bring you home" and the "Turn it on album".
Anyways, hope everyone is fine, and has had a lovely long weekend. I enjoyed 4 days off from work in a row and had a great time, enjoying spending times with my friends and family out. Yesterday we went for a long walk and finally enjoyed the first rays of sun and great spring weather outside.
Hope to speak to you girls soon,
julia xx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up