ronanvideos.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Is your e-mail address in your profile up to date? Please check! We promise we will never send you spam.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Ronans "Bring you home" album  (Read 3120 times)

gilmoregirl83

• Just Getting Started
Ronans "Bring you home" album
« on: May 24, 2010, 12:04:47 PM »

Hey guys,
as some of you may know I'm quite new to this board and also quite new to being a Ronan fan.  :) I just happend to dicover his music for me last year with his "SFMM" album and have been hooked ever since. Encouraged by some members of this board I've been buying all his previous albums, and have done some serious catching up on his older stuff. So now I'd like to discuss his music with anyone that may wants to, since I'm curious to hear what you all think of his previous records. I'd like to start with the "Bring you home" album.

Overall I really enjoy listening to it, it's got a nice relaxed feel to it. My favourite tracks on this albums are:
"Frieds in time". because I think it's a great song, very catchy and laid back, simply a great tune
"All over again": because I think it's a really nice duett, nice harmony and good chemistry
"Superman" : because it's honest and very heartfelt and so simple
Overall I like the vocals he put on this records, it really is a beautiful album to listen to.

What are you views, would love to read them  :) ?
xx

janina

• Administrator
  • Addicted
  • Favourite Ronan album: Fires
    • http://ronankeatingnews.com
Re: Ronans "Bring you home" album
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 10:17:35 AM »

I adore 'Superman' and 'Bring You Home', and 'So Easy Loving You'. The album overall isn't really my favourite but I do quite like it. I agree his vocals are out of this world.
There was a dream that we both used to share
And we swore we would never wake
Now the dream's a nightmare,
and the truth to be fair
Is that dreaming was the first mistake.

Cherub

• Lost For Words
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 07:29:50 PM »

Here some of my thoughts about "bring you home"

"This I promise you": Whenever I hear that song, I have to smile. At my first Ronan concert, he was standing in front of one of his band colleagues, singing this song for him. It was ooo funny and now, each time, I remember that event ;-)

I just love "it's so easy lovin' you". It's not a really slow song, but it still is quite a lovesong...

"Back in the backseat" reminds me of a former love relationship, the text is/ was so true to me right now, now I sometimes think it reminds me on Ronan's situation, hopefully with a happy ending.

"bring you home", "Superman" and "Friends in time": He's voice is just so great in those songs...

Cathy

• On My Way
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 11:50:20 PM »

I loved that album from the beginnig, my faves are
Superman - I love that song because you can literally feel the love he has for Yvonne... just find it so hard to listen to it at the moment, makes me sad  :(
Bring you home - it's a song that makes you feel safe.... plus it is musically very strong, in my opinion
This is promise you - I just love that romantic stuff  :D
It's so easy lovin you - a real catchy tune!
Friends in time - brings back memories of many wonderful concerts  :D

I don't like "Back in the backseat" at all, keep asking myself why he put that on the album, lol!

gilmoregirl83

• Just Getting Started
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 07:07:47 AM »

The more I listen to it, the more it grows on me...I think I'm really startin to love it, though I'm normally not the person to like a record that is so heavy on ballads. I think there are some really great songs on it, I'm starting to love "Bring you home" and "It's so easy loving you", they are really exceptional beautiful. "Back in the backseat" aint so bad I think, it kind of reminds me of "can't stop thinking about you" you kind of have to get used to it...
Some songs are kind of sad to listen to at the moment, like "Time" or "Bring you home" or"superman", they really make me feel form him and the current situation he is in... :(
Even "Back in the backseat" is sad now "If I asked you enough to forgive me, would you forgive?"
Can anyone tell me which of the songs on the album he has written himself?
thanks, julia xx

Jonah

• Just Getting Started
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 07:38:37 AM »

This album is one of my favorites :-) A great one in my opinion....
As I like especially his ballads, my faves are Superman, Bring you home and Hello again.....
Even "Time" is a bit strange to listen to now.

janina

• Administrator
  • Addicted
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 09:18:25 AM »

The ones he wrote are
This I Promise You
So Easy Loving You
Superman
Bring You Home
We Just Need Time
Just when I'd given up dreaming
and the truth to be fair

Christine

• Lovin' Each Day
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 10:56:06 AM »

I really love Just when I'd given up dreaming.
I keep falling in love with you All Over Again

gilmoregirl83

• Just Getting Started
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 02:11:29 PM »

Quote from: "lovinronan"
The ones he wrote are
This I Promise You
So Easy Loving You
Superman
Bring You Home
We Just Need Time
Thanks for the info Janina :-) He really is a talented writer, he does not get enough credit for it I think...

Cathy

• On My Way
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 11:27:34 PM »

Quote from: "Jonah"

Even "Time" is a bit strange to listen to now.

OMG I completely forgot about that song, didn't even remember that it is on the album.... I never really liked it, it's such a typical Gregg Alexander song and sounds like all of his songs... I just get bored by those, that's why I don't like the Destination album that much.

But I listened to it today on my way to uni and I was quite shocked about how good it fits the situation.... "I let you down but now I see without you there's no me", I bet that's exactly what Ronan's realizing right now....  :cry:  :cry: So sad.

rita j

• Just Getting Started
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 11:20:29 PM »

Quote from: "lovinronan"
The ones he wrote are
This I Promise You
So Easy Loving You
Superman
Bring You Home
We Just Need Time

So did you remember those songs without looking them up Janina??  :wink:  (BTW - I LOVE the emoticons on this site!  :) )

My fave on this album  - is 'This I Promise You'. I fell in love with this song the very first time i heard it. :love:  I think its absolutely beautiful! Just one of those wonderful Ronan self penned classics.  :)

Otherwise, my faves are the 'All Over again'. I actually think this song was a little underated. This song still sounds 'fresh' whenever i get to hear it - and tend to appreciate it more now time has elapsed.

Then comes 'A Friend in time'. A Happy, bonny song.

Sadly, i think some of the single song choice went a little 'wobbly' for this album.

I stand by 'This i promise you' being a single. But it should have been released in the summer - with a big romantic slushy video! ie Wedding time! I was gutted when this song didn't make it into the charts. This song really didn't deserve that to happen to it. But i still think they chose the wrong time of year ie winter, to release this beautiful song.

So instead,  in my opinion, for Christmas time - the obvious song choice to have released was 'Friends in time'. A big sing -a -long type of song. And what does Christmas make you feel like doing?? Meeting up with old friends!!!! Simple! lol!  :wink:

janina

• Administrator
  • Addicted
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2010, 07:21:20 PM »

Quote from: "rita j"
So did you remember those songs without looking them up Janina??  :wink:
Took me a while to come up with the last one, but yes I did. :) I do like those songs.
and the truth to be fair

rita j

• Just Getting Started
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2010, 11:41:50 PM »

So you should be very proud of yourself Janina,  as a Ronan fan!   :wink:  

Got a feeling i may have struggled! :? .... i'd have to put my mind to it - try and remember all the tracks on the album, and then go from there!  :?

Mind you - i have to confess, that once i reached a far as 'Hello' - i tended to 'turn around' and go back to the beginning of the album. 'Hello' doesn't do a lot for me - and i'm not too keen on the tracks after. So it used to be my 'turn around point!'

gilmoregirl83

• Just Getting Started
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2010, 11:08:28 PM »

That's impressive, Janina, you knew the songs without looking them up?  8)

janina

• Administrator
  • Addicted
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2010, 01:12:29 PM »

ah I'm sure most of you would too~~

I know what you mean Rita. The last third or so of the album just seems very 'mellow'...he should have added another more exciting track towards the end. I don't skip any of them but I've always felt that something is missing there.
and the truth to be fair
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up