ronanvideos.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Videos available to all registered members! Please sign up or log in :)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Ronan Keating 29.07.2011 DORTMUND Open-Air an den Westfalenh  (Read 8623 times)

17Mandy

• Lovin' Each Day

janina

• Administrator
  • Addicted
  • Favourite Ronan album: Fires
    • http://ronankeatingnews.com
Re: Ronan Keating 29.07.2011 DORTMUND Open-Air an den Westfa
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2011, 04:24:04 PM »

Got back home not long ago. Tired. He was great last night, sounded amazing and looked beautiful. He was very smiley and looked happy to be there. The atmosphere near the front was pretty good. Obviously due to the complete lack of promo it was a small audience of I'd say about 1,500 people, but still more than what I'd feared.
He told us a funny story about performing WYSNAA in front of a room full of rugby players at a charity golf event and making all these tough guys cry :roll:  :lol: I think he may have exaggerated a little.
He filmed a video for his iPhone app during the show, which was funny, I don't know if it's online yet. It's a bit random and features all of us!

No Burt songs unfortunately, according to Keith this was because they hadn't had the chance to rehearse them - although to be honest I'm sure it could have been done, after all the date had been known for half a year. It does seem a bit lazy to me because people had paid 60€ hoping to hear something a bit different to last year's tour. But I love Keith so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt :inlove:

Oh yeah and Ronan's working on a new album... he says he's spoken to Universal about it, which sounded like that's a definite plan now. :inlove:
There was a dream that we both used to share
And we swore we would never wake
Now the dream's a nightmare,
and the truth to be fair
Is that dreaming was the first mistake.

janina

• Administrator
  • Addicted
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2011, 06:10:53 PM »

Some of my photos are online now. They didn't turn out too well because of the lighting coming from behind him. There's a few that aren't bad.
and the truth to be fair

canaria

• Just Getting Started
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2011, 09:41:13 PM »

Thanks so much for post the pics and the videos,xx  :D

17Mandy

• Lovin' Each Day
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2011, 10:01:22 PM »

Quote from: "lovinronan"
Oh yeah and Ronan's working on a new album... he says he's spoken to Universal about it, which sounded like that's a definite plan now. :inlove:
It's great! :D
Thank you for your photos, Janina, Ronan looks great! I liked his jacket!  :D

17Mandy

• Lovin' Each Day
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2011, 10:08:19 PM »

By the way, what songs he sang? I just saw part of "One More Song" on YouTube...  :shock:

aimzta85

• On My Way
  • Favourite Ronan album: Winter Songs or Fires
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2011, 11:12:13 PM »

So glad you all had a brilliant time. It's a shame there were no Burt songs for you all though. Love the pics on your gallery Janina  :D  :cloud9: and really looking forward to watching the videos  :lol:  :oops:

You're the smile I can't resist.

janina

• Administrator
  • Addicted
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2011, 11:44:27 PM »

That's what I mean when I say it seems lazy. It was mostly last year's set list with a few small changes and a track I used for my 'virtual toilet break' :roll: He basically removed a couple of songs and replaced them with others that had been rehearsed/done in the past. I know he was away on other continents for most of the past four months but as much as I love him, I'm not sure if that is a valid excuse.

I don't mean to complain too much, he was great and I'd go to see him again tomorrow. But he's not always perfect.
and the truth to be fair

rita j

• Just Getting Started
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2011, 11:57:28 PM »

I loved reading your review Janina. Loved the little story re WYSNAA - (Perhaps all those big, burly rugby players were all drunk by the time Ro got to sing WYSNAA! lol!  :wink: )

Awh, its a shame there was no WRMB, as i get the feeling thats what everyone was kinda expecting. But i'm glad you enjoyed it anyway - & no doubt you loved having him back on German soil once more. :wink:

So what other songs were removed or added from last yrs tour set?? 'One more song' has been added, what else?? (if you can remember)

You say there were about 1500 in the crowd. How many would you say the venue could hold?? Would you say it was more than half full??

Very Good news tho to hear once more that a new album is on its way!!  :D

aimzta85

• On My Way
  • Favourite Ronan album: Winter Songs or Fires
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2011, 12:47:59 AM »

That's what I mean when I say it seems lazy. It was mostly last year's set list with a few small changes and a track I used for my 'virtual toilet break' :roll: He basically removed a couple of songs and replaced them with others that had been rehearsed/done in the past. I know he was away on other continents for most of the past four months but as much as I love him, I'm not sure if that is a valid excuse.

I don't mean to complain too much, he was great and I'd go to see him again tomorrow. But he's not always perfect.

I understand what you're saying. Maybe he just felt he should stick to what's known after all he hasn't done a lot of solo gigs for a while and only a handful since his troubles. He might just be finding his feet still, who knows?

You're the smile I can't resist.

janina

• Administrator
  • Addicted
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2011, 12:54:34 PM »

Quote from: "rita j"
So what other songs were removed or added from last yrs tour set?? 'One more song' has been added, what else?? (if you can remember)

You say there were about 1500 in the crowd. How many would you say the venue could hold?? Would you say it was more than half full??
He left out 'Stay' and 'Winter Song', can't remember right now what he added?! Perhaps he didn't replace one of them with anything else.

It's difficult to say whether it was more than half full or not because the 'venue' was a large car park, lol. The rows of seats that hadn't sold just weren't put up in the end, so there weren't many empty seats, but of course there would have been space for more. I'm not sure if they could have fitted twice as many in. I'd say no but I could be wrong.

Melli posted the link to a very positive little press review on the German forums (think of us next time Melli!) and the 'Galerie' link below the last Ronan image will take you to more photos. They make mine look useless!
and the truth to be fair

Cathy

• On My Way
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2011, 01:41:28 PM »

He left out 'Stay' and 'Winter Song', can't remember right now what he added?! Perhaps he didn't replace one of them with anything else.

I think he only added "One more song", can't remember any other song either. Would have preferred him to add one of his songs rather than a Boyzone song, but well...  :roll:

I enjoyed the concert so much, I was positively surprised by the audience, I expected something like on last year's tour, where you got up and everyone started shouting "sit down, I can't see anymore, I won't stand up" and so on, but everyone was on their feet from the moment he came on stage, I loved that, and I think Ronan did too!  :D

I thought it was really funny when he told the story about the rugby players. And how sweet was he asking us whether we could understand him when he was talking?  :haha:  :love:

janina

• Administrator
  • Addicted
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2011, 02:24:41 PM »

Quote from: "rita j"
Very Good news tho to hear once more that a new album is on its way!!  :D
He actually also said he started to work on it whilst he was in LA. :D
and the truth to be fair

FUNKY

• Addicted
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2011, 07:25:46 PM »

Gereifter Ronan Keating trifft auf eingefleischte Fans

DORTMUND Es waren die alten Hits, die die Herzen der Fans höher schlagfen ließen. Dabei versuchte es Ronan Keating immer wieder auch mit neuen Arrangements.

wurde am Freitag mit Ronan Keating eine Popikone der Neunziger und des vergangenen Jahrzehnts an die Westfalenhallen geholt.

"When Ronan Met Burt“ lautet der Titel des 8. Studioalbums des irischen Solokünstlers und Frontmanns der Gruppe Boyzone. Er deutet auf dessen Zusammenarbeit mit dem erfahrenen Komponisten, Pop- und Vocal-Produzenten Burt Bacharach........

Dortmunder Music Week

17Mandy

• Lovin' Each Day
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2011, 09:17:52 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up