ronanvideos.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Videos available to all registered members! Please sign up or log in :)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Ronan Keating Moves Into Movies - 'Goddess' Out 2012  (Read 18911 times)

FUNKY

• Addicted
Ronan Keating Moves Into Movies - 'Goddess' Out 2012
« on: March 03, 2011, 02:00:31 PM »

Ronan Keating has revealed he has landed a role in an Australian movie, but refused to be drawn on the details.

Ronan Keating is set to make his movie debut.

The Boyzone singer - who has recently been working as a judge on the Australian version of 'The X Factor' - will return Down Under next month to shoot scenes for the top secret project.

Asked when he plans to return to Oz, 34-year-old Ronan told 2Day FM's 'Kyle and Jackie O Show': "I'm coming down on April 7, because I'm shooting my first movie in Australia. I just gave you a world exclusive actually.

"I can't tell you the title but I'm going to be on set on April 10 in Sydney.

"It's an Australian movie... I'm very excited."

Ronan - who has three children, Jack, Marie and Ali, with his wife Yvonne - previously revealed he auditioned for a role in upcoming fantasy prequel 'The Hobbit' and was keen to launch a film career.

He said: "I don't think I'll get the role of the hobbit. But I would like to take on roles which nobody would expect. I don't want to be reduced to love stories. I'd like to try dark, edgy roles. I need a challenge."

Contactmusic

Ronan Keating Set For Film Bow

17Mandy

• Lovin' Each Day
Re: Ronan Keating Moves Into Movies
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 06:28:10 PM »

I can't believe that we will see our Ronan in the movie! This is great news!  :D

Ronan Keating set for first Oz film role

March 05, 2011 12:00AM

RONAN Keating was being coy when he let slip this week he would shoot his debut movie in Oz next month.

But we can tell you all about the top-secret project.

X Factor judge Keating will star in Goddess, a romantic comedy about Elspeth Dickens, a woman who dreams of finding her "voice" despite being stuck in an isolated farmhouse with her twin toddlers.

A webcam becomes her pathway to fame and fortune, but at a price.

Keating will star opposite West End actress Laura Michelle Kelly and, given the pair's combined singing credentials, we can only assume the film will have a strong musical emphasis. And a romantic frisson perhaps?

Keating let slip about the project this week on Kyle and Jackie O.

"I am coming down April 7 because I am shooting my first movie in Australia," he said. "It's an Australian movie. I'm very excited. I can't tell you the title but I'm going to be on set April 10 in Sydney."

Producer Richard Keddie said: "We are pretty thrilled to have him on board. And we are excited, too, about our lead actress, Laura Michelle Kelly."

Goddess will be directed by Mark Lamprell, whose last film, My Mother Frank, was released in 2000 and starred Matthew Newton.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainme ... 6016162652

janina

• Administrator
  • Addicted
  • Favourite Ronan album: Fires
    • http://ronankeatingnews.com
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 07:54:05 PM »

Thanks for the info. I don't think I would ever watch a romantic comedy by choice... but I'll sure be happy to gaze at him.
There was a dream that we both used to share
And we swore we would never wake
Now the dream's a nightmare,
and the truth to be fair
Is that dreaming was the first mistake.

aimzta85

• On My Way
  • Favourite Ronan album: Winter Songs or Fires
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 11:46:34 PM »

Hmmmm doesn't really sound like my kind of film but hey I'm sure I could make an exception this time  :love:  :lol:

You're the smile I can't resist.

janina

• Administrator
  • Addicted
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 08:29:19 PM »

Er... Right. I'm still not convinced, lol.

The script will make the most of the vocal talents of Ronan and Laura Michelle, as the songs are the centre-piece of the script

http://www.atthecinema.net/ronan-keatin ... om-goddess
and the truth to be fair

17Mandy

• Lovin' Each Day
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 05:28:14 PM »

Ronan Keating to make movie debut

Sunday Herald Sun April 03, 2011

X FACTOR judge Ronan Keating will star in a musical romantic comedy to be shot in Sydney.

The multi-million-dollar film, Goddess, features British lead actor Laura Michelle Kelly and comedy star Magda Szubanski.

Keating's big-screen debut starts shooting on April 11. He plays the marine biologist husband of Kelly's character.

"It's a romantic comedy, but it's also a musical. There is a bit of singing," Keating said.

"It has a great storyline and it's very funny."

Keating unsuccessfully tried out for a part in Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson's new movie, The Hobbit.

"That would have been truly amazing. Maybe next time," Keating said.

Keating, a successful solo singer who recently reunited with his former band, Boyzone, is taking acting lessons.

"I want to be a good actor. I'm very critical about anything I do," Keating said.

"The key with acting is to not act. That's what I'm trying to get my head around. It's all about being real, honest, true and becoming that character."

Keating is a known pop star worldwide, but it counts for nothing in the film world.

"It can be intimidating. I'm out of my comfort zone as an actor because I'm not an actor -- and maybe I never will be," he said. "It's new territory for me."

Keating is looking forward to the new season of X Factor. His candidate, Altiyan Childs, won last year's competition.

"I feel proud I made the right decisions, fought in his corner and believed in him," Keating said.

"It's nice to see that X Factor found a credible rock star and catapulted him into the real world."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad/ronan- ... public_rss

fm055

• Just Getting Started
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 10:47:35 PM »

As long as Ronan's in it I'll watch it!
x

FUNKY

• Addicted
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 12:09:34 AM »

Ronan heads out to Australia!
06.Apr.2011

Ronan flies out to Australia today - first he will be doing some promo for the album - he is on Today FM on
Monday 11th and then on Wed 13th he will perform on Sunrise and then go onto The Morning Show for
an interview.

Then he is into the filming of Goddess - as you may have heard Ronan explain in recent interviews it is
a musical romantic comedy with Laura Michelle Kelly in the lead, Ronan plays her husband, a marine
biologist!! Ronan will be tweeting from the set to keep us all updated on his progress as he makes his
acting debut.

http://www.ronankeating.com/news.php?item=242

Rose

• Lovin' Each Day
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 12:35:49 PM »

A marine biologist ? The movie is a musical, so the marine biologist will sing?  I hope so!
Erin Go Bragh

FUNKY

• Addicted
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 11:39:01 AM »

Thanks to @NigelStanislaus

FUNKY

• Addicted
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 11:43:00 AM »

NigelStanislaus
Despite being very busy, he takes time to thank his fans

janina

• Administrator
  • Addicted
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2011, 12:29:37 PM »

ahh excited :inlove:  Could do with a haircut though, lol
and the truth to be fair

FUNKY

• Addicted
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2011, 01:05:24 PM »

Goddess starts her reign

By Patrick Frater
Mon, 11 April 2011

Production News

Production got underway today on Goddess, a musical comedy film starring Boyzone star Ronan Keating.

The film is directed by Mark Lamprell from a screenplay by Lamprell and Joanna Weinberg about a mother who has to choose between fame and her family after her kitchen-sink singing makes her an internet sensation. The mum is played by the UK's Laura Michelle Kelly. Magda Szubanski also stars.

Goddess will shoot at the Fox Studios in Sydney and be distributed next year by Roadshow Pictures. The film is produced by Richard Keddie (Little Fish) and Andrena Finlay (Razzle Dazzle).

On the technical side, the musical director is Judy Morris (co-director of Happy Feet, writer of Eye Of The Storm) and the director of photography is Damian Wyvill.

http://www.filmbiz.asia/news/goddess-starts-her-reign

karenanna

• Lovin' Each Day
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2011, 03:40:12 PM »

Quote from: "lovinronan"
ahh excited :inlove:  Could do with a haircut though, lol
At least he can't be accused of going bald! He now seems to have more hair than he knows what to do with :haha:

canaria

• Just Getting Started
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2011, 06:15:04 PM »

Thanks for the info and the pics  :inlove:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Up