ronanvideos.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Is your e-mail address in your profile up to date? Please check! We promise we will never send you spam.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jan/Feb 2012... Australia + New Zealand  (Read 8898 times)

Lovett

• Just Getting Started
Re: Jan/Feb 2012... Australia + New Zealand
« Reply #90 on: February 15, 2012, 10:06:49 PM »

what a gorgeous video - thanks for posting that. I absolutely love that song, its quite a personal song for him to sing. That and separate cars but they are the two songs i have enjoyed the most from the snippets of the tour i have seen. I'm glad we have got to hear them live cos i guess under different circumstances we probably wouldnt have done.
Would have been such as shame though. I forget which album When the World was mine was on now, was it Ronan?

janina

• Administrator
  • Addicted
  • Favourite Ronan album: Fires
    • http://ronankeatingnews.com
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2012, 09:49:21 AM »

Yes it was on the Ronan album. I'm not really mad about the album version, but live it is just incredible. And I guess of course it has a whole different meaning these days.

Didn't Yvonne say a while ago on Twitter that it was one of her favourite songs?
There was a dream that we both used to share
And we swore we would never wake
Now the dream's a nightmare,
and the truth to be fair
Is that dreaming was the first mistake.

Lovett

• Just Getting Started
« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2012, 06:36:21 PM »

Yes she did. Maybe that's why he put it on, even though she wasn't there!

janina

• Administrator
  • Addicted
  • Favourite Ronan album: Fires
    • http://ronankeatingnews.com
« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2012, 09:29:45 AM »

Here's a brilliant review from Adelaide. Love it when male journalists praise him!

http://www.glamadelaide.com.au/main/ron ... l-theatre/

Former boy band member, solo star, X-Factor judge, actor, husband, father – in the last few years Ronan Keating’s stock has certainly risen. His first of two sold-out shows at the Adelaide Festival Theatre were proof the 34 year old Irish singer still has it.

Sure, the moves were less energetic than his choreographed Boyzone days, and the songs have definitely moved over to adult contemporary from his edgy boy band love ballads, but anyone questioning Keating’s place on the X-Factor judging panel need only to see him live to know why he has a presence light years ahead of the show’s contestants and wannabes.

Starting with ‘Believe Again’ from 2010s Duets album, the night had a distinct Irish flavour. It was a Ronan Keating show after all. From Sharon Corr’s support set (and duet with Ronan later in the night) to the string quartet and maybe an Irish jig or two, the show screamed of Ronan Keating. This was his show; not just him fronting a band. And while some of the women in the audience may disagree with me, the highlight of the show (well, for me anyway) was the amazing string quartet; the ballads and uptempo numbers were totally transformed by the addition of live strings. And live performers, take note: synthesized strings on keyboards sound (and generally are) cheap.

Wavering in between his more well-known songs (‘Life is a Rollercoaster’, ‘If Tomorrow Never Comes’ and ‘that song from Notting Hill’) to a number of Burt Bacharach covers, Keating chose his songs wisely. I may be young but I can still appreciate the Bacharach’s incomparable songwriting in songs like ‘Walk on By’ and ‘Arthur’s Theme’, and Ronan's renditions of the soul standards were impeccable.

Moving onto a sombre note, Keating recounted the death of fellow Boyzone member Stephen Gately, telling the audience the band felt it ‘right’ to release the album Brother after Gately’s death. He later dedicated ‘One More Song’ to ‘the voice, the one and only Whitney Houston’

Mr Keating may not be everyone’s cup of tea, and sure, I did stand out amongst a sea of women and screaming girls, but one thing that certainly didn’t surprise was Ronan’s stage presence and live prowess. If you go to a Ronan Keating show, you’re know in for a night of sophistication, and performance of a world class calibre. And zero auto-tune. Nada!
There was a dream that we both used to share
And we swore we would never wake
Now the dream's a nightmare,
and the truth to be fair
Is that dreaming was the first mistake.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up