ronanvideos.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Videos available to all registered members! Please sign up or log in :)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Me and My Motors: Ronan Keating  (Read 923 times)

cindy

• Lovin' Each Day
Me and My Motors: Ronan Keating
« on: May 28, 2006, 07:41:43 PM »

May 28, 2006

Me and My Motors: Ronan Keating
By Mark Anstead of The Sunday Times

Singer Ronan Keating, 29, joined Boyzone at the age of 16 after quitting his shoe shop job to pursue the life of a pop star. The ruthlessly efficient boy band notched up 15 top five singles, including six No 1s, and sold 15m records worldwide during the 1990s. Keating later managed the boy band Westlife. The Sunday Times Rich List gives him a fortune of £10m. He is married to Yvonne. They have three children, Jack, Marie and Alice  

Keating has dallied with other marques but now has three BMWs in his garage (MARK BOURDILLON)

As the lead singer of Boyzone, the Irish boy band of the 1990s, Ronan Keating was one of the few pop stars any mother would have been happy to have seen on her daughter’s bedroom wall. Today Keating, 29, has morphed effortlessly from squeaky-clean teenage heart-throb to solo artist and wholesome family man.
With record sales exceeding 15m worldwide he can afford to ease back on his engagements and spend time with his three small children. His cars reflect his new priorities: in his garage are three BMWs chosen, he says, for their safety features. He was a fan of the marque before he was famous and is now in the enviable position of being able to borrow whatever he likes from BMW Ireland’s fleet.

“My BMW 760 has a thing called ‘soft close’ on the doors. I think this feature should be on most cars — whenever you fail to shut a door completely, there’s a little arm that grabs it for you and softly pulls it in the rest of the way. For small children this is a necessity. When we have our eight-month-old baby with us we often put her into the car in her carrier when she’s asleep. The last thing you want to do is slam the door, so you just start to close it gently and the system takes over, silently pulling it the rest of the way. Oh man . . . it’s such a treat.â€
Home is where the craic is
Pages: [1]   Go Up